Update May 16: We’ve added a new lecture covering Dashboards/UI techniques to the lecture series on Node-RED – check it out at: http://noderedguide.com/. They complement the tutorials described below and offer a step by step guide to learning how to program using Node-RED.
Roberto Calderon over at Sense Tecnic (www.sensetecnic.com) has been busy over the summer creating some excellent tutorials for Node-RED as well as for the WoTKit which is the IoT platform sitting underneath the Urban Opus data hub.
For Smart City App developers, some of these are a great place to get started with Node-RED and to play around with some of the data we have in the Urban Opus data hub.
You can check out the full set of lectures which include:
- Node-RED: Lecture 1 – A brief introduction to Node-RED
- Node-RED: Lecture 2 – Building your first flows
- Node-RED: Lecture 3 – Basic nodes and flows
- Node-RED: Lecture 4 – A tour of the core nodes
- Node-RED: Lecture 5 – The Node-RED programming model
- Node-RED: Lecture 6 – Intermediate flows
- Node-RED: Lecture 7 – Dashboards and UI techniques.
In addition, you can check out the original tutorials at http://developers.sensetecnic.com/
Some of my favourites are:
- A quick overview of Node-RED programming:
- Creating your first Node-RED flow:
- A Node-RED flow to monitor the weather and update you via twitter:
- Anomaly detection using Node-RED:
- Connecting device side Node-RED to cloud side Node-RED
He’s also written tutorials covering Node-RED and the PI, Arduino, as well as a series of how-to guides to get data to and from the FRED Node-RED platform
Check them out at: http://developers.sensetecnic.com/knowledge/guides/
Node Red Examples, Node Red tutorials